It Is Illegal To Throw These 8 Things Away In Illinois
There are a lot of things you shouldn't throw away, glass bottles, glass, nails, tacks,
wire, cans, and other recyclables. It is important to try and follow guidelines about things that are safe to throw away.
Some things, however, can get you in some real trouble if you throw them away. Today we will be looking at 8 things you should never throw away. Not only are they bad for the environment, but they are also Illegal to toss in the trash!
First, we are going to look at electronics that are also illegal to throw away in Illinois.
If you are struggling to find a place to get rid of these electronics, you can actually find the map of where you can drop off all your old electronics here. This is helpful if you're looking to get rid of huge, bulky items like box televisions and fax machines!
Those items that are illegal to toss are as follows. You can learn more here at the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
- Computers and Small-Scale Servers
- Computer Monitors
- Electronic Keyboards & Mice
- Printers, Fax Machines, and Scanners
- DVD Players, DVD Recorders, and VCRs
- Digital Converter Boxes, Cable Receivers, and Satellite Receivers
- Portable Digital Music Players and Video Game Consoles
It doesn't stop there, we have more for you to keep an eye out for.
8 Illegal Items To Throw Away In Illinois
We got these from Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Disposal Methods. Make sure you don't throw these away.
- Landscape Waste | Landscape waste has been banned from landfills since July l, 1990.
- Used Tires | Used Tires were banned from landfills on July 1, 1994.
- White Goods (appliances)
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Motor Oil
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Universal Wastes
- Construction and Demolition Debris
You can learn more today!
For more information about construction and demolition debris disposal management, contact the Illinois EPA's Permit Section at 217-524-3300 or your Illinois EPA Regional Field office.
Look at that you got 16 items instead of 8. Make sure you avoid throwing these things away this year.