Cover Your Plants! Freeze Warning Issued For The Quad Cities
Mother Nature is a trickster. If she fooled you this weekend into planting your garden or other plants, you may want to put some bags over them tonight as temperatures will be pretty cold for them to survive. Temperatures will be so cold, the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities has issued a Freeze Warning for most of Tuesday morning.
Remember when is it when the 80s on Saturday and the 60s on Sunday? We begin this new week will cooler temperatures, especially during the overnights.
According to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities, today it's going to be mostly cloudy and we will only see temperatures get to about 48°. Monday is going to be breezy too with gusts as high as 30 mph. But this unseasonably cold air will make temperatures drop big time tonight and Tuesday night.
Tonight, we will see temperatures drop into the low 30s and upper 20s which has prompted the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities to issue a Freeze Warning. Officials say that a widespread freeze is expected tonight into early Tuesday morning and highly suggest you protect or bring in any sensitive vegetation and plants.
It will be chilly Tuesday night too with lows in the mid-30s. No warning has been issued yet but it's a good idea to protect your plants and vegetation Tuesday night as well.
The good news is that temperatures will begin to warm up as the week progresses with temperatures reaching back into the 60s by Friday.
Here is the forecast for the rest of the workweek according to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities:
- Widespread frost before 9 am.
- Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 54.
- Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night
- Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Wednesday Night
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- A 40 percent chance of showers after 2 pm.
- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.
- Thursday Night
- A 40 percent chance of showers before 2 am.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65.