How to Not Get Sick as a Dog in the QCA This Flu Season
Genesis Health dropped by Local 4 News and OurQuadCities.com to chat about this year's flu season which right now is categorized as sporadic in the Midwest, but absentee reports suggest may be a little worse. (It could also just be a little too much holiday cheer!) Here's some tips to keep yourself healthy from Genesis Health:
- Get a flu shot, even if it doesn't stop you from getting the flu the effects will be milder.
- Wash your hands. Use soap. Scrub them good for as long as it takes you to sing Happy Birthday. When leaving the bathroom, use a paper towel on the door handle so your hand isn't touching all the germs on it.
- Stop with the touching of your face. Eyes, nose, mouth. That's how germs spread.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing. You won't spread your germs to others if you do that.
- Use antibacterial disinfectant wipes to clean things you use frequently like: phones, computer mice and keyboards, even your eyeglasses.
And for goodness sake, if you're ill and hacking up a lung. Call your boss and stay home. Don't infest the office with your germs!
Check out Genesis Weekend, a 30 minute show/podcast about health and wellness here.