Hy-Vee Requiring All Employees To Wear Masks
On Monday, Hy-Vee announced that all store and distribution center employees are now required to wear masks or other facial coverings while at work. This is an additional measure Hy-Vee is taking in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Hy-Vee says they have provided masks to all employees over the past several weeks. The requirement for all employees to wear a mask or other facial covering inside Hy-Vee stores became mandatory and effective on Monday. This requirement is to help protect both employees and customers.
This is just one of many measures Hy-Vee has taken to ensure the health and wellbeing of its employees and customers over the past several weeks. Other efforts include:
- Temporary Plexiglas barriers installed at all check stands and pharmacy, customer service and convenience store counters
- Social distancing indicators on the floor wherever lines typically form in the store
- One-way directional signage for all aisles
- Sanitation of all carts and check stand belts between each customer use
- Special shopping times for those considered to most at risk for illness
In addition to announcing requiring all employees to wear a mask, Hy-Vee is providing another front line employee appreciation bonus to all of its part-time and full-time store employees. Those employees will receive a 10% bonus on all of their hours worked from April 13 through May 3. This is the second employee appreciation bonus the company is providing to its front line employees. The other 10% bonus was on all hours worked from March 16 to April 12.