Warmer, Sunny Weather This Weekend In The Quad Cities
Sing it with me, 🎶"It's beginning to look a lot like, SPRING!!!!" 🎶
Warmer temperatures and sunny skies. Yep, it sounds like spring is almost here. What a lot of people would consider a 'perfect weather weekend' for February is coming up this weekend. It's going to be the perfect way to say goodbye to February.
It's the final weekend in February and we are leaving the brutally cold month on a warm note. According to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities, we will see very nice days Friday through Sunday, with a large temperature variation from north to south due to snow cover.
Even though during the day we will see sunny skies and warmer temps, there will be a fast moving storm system will bring the chance of rain to the QC tonight.
There will also be a second storm system on Saturday night which will bring the potential for a light wintry mix north of Highway 30.
Sunday will be slightly cooler and breezy, but we will see a high around 41°.
Here is the Quad Cities forecast for this weekend, according to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities:
- A 20 percent chance of rain after 5pm.
- Areas of fog before 9am.
- Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night
- Rain likely, mainly before 11pm.
- Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Southeast wind around 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night
- A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after midnight.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
The theme for the first week of March is sunny with highs in the upper 40's, especially starting after Monday (high of 39°).