North America’s Largest Karting Event Returns to Rock Island
If you're a fan of karting, I have some good news.
The Xtreme Rock Island Grand Prix, the largest karting street race in North America will be held in Rock Island September 4-5 for the 26th running of 'The Rock.'
According to the QC Times, the race attracts more than 100 teams to compete. The Xtreme Rock Island Grand Prix was founded in 1994 and is the largest karting street race in North America. The race brings drivers from all over the world each Labor Day Weekend (except last year because well, you know, the 'rona) to compete in the Quad Cities for one of the most coveted awards in the sport.
It's the first event under the National Karting Alliance.
Here's this year's race lineup:
• Briggs & Stratton 206cc Heavy 1 & 2
• Briggs & Stratton 206cc Masters
• Briggs & Stratton 206cc King of the Rock money race
• Margay Ignite Senior 1 & 2 *Margay Ignite Masters
• Open Shifter *Open Shifter Masters *King of the Streets open shifter money race.
• 100cc 2-cycle Senior King of the Rock money race.
• Vintage classes will be held for Mac, Yamaha and Open classes.
All classes except Vintage will run spec Hoosier racing tires ordered through registration.
It's always fun to watch the kart drivers whiz through the streets of Rock Island. See for yourself here.
Registration will open July 1 using the Kart Pass app. Watch the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix website, racerockisland.info, and social media for more details.
LOOK: Here Are 30 Foods That Are Poisonous to Dogs
LOOK: Here are the 50 best beach towns in America