You Can Earn Points For Prizes With State Park Passport In Iowa
It's summertime and I'm sure your calendar is full of activities. If you have some wiggle room to add in visiting state parks throughout Iowa, you're going to want to make sure you have a State Park Passport with you.
Back again this year is the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) State Park Passport. This passport lets you earn points to go towards prizes simply by visiting many of the incredible state parks in the Hawkeye State.
Check out Iowa's beautiful state parks this summer and make it count with Iowa State Park Passport.
Iowa DNR's State Park Passport
The Iowa DNR announced last month that its State Park Passport is back and better than ever. In 2023, there is a new way to earn points while you discover hidden gems in the Iowa state park system.
Those with an Iowa State Park Passport can collect points right now through October 31 by checking into more than 60 state parks and forests. Each park has a different point value (either 100, 200, or 300 points). "Hidden gem parks” earn higher points to go towards qualifying to win prizes.
How to Use The State Park Passport To Win Prizes
With the Iowa State Park Passport, you can earn points to redeem prizes. If you cash in, you start back at zero but keep visiting parks to earn additional prizes. This is what amount of points can earn you with the Iowa State Park Passport:
- 500 points – any pass holder redeeming at this level gets $5.00 off an overnight camping stay
- 1,000 points – first 500 pass holders to redeem at this level get a weather-proof sticker
- 2,500 points – the first 300 pass holders to redeem at this level get a ceramic coffee mug
Every time you earn 300 points, your name is automatically entered into a sweepstakes drawing, with no limit to the number of entries. The sweepstakes prizes include:
- Paddling package – kayak, paddle, life jacket, and dry bag
- Three-night stay at a cabin at Lake Darling State Park
How the Iowa State Park Passport Works
There are three easy steps the Iowa DNR put out showing how to use the Iowa State Park Passport:
- Step 1 - Get Your Pass
- This mobile exclusive passport is a collection of Iowa's State Parks, ready for you to explore.
- Step 2 - Receive Text
- Your passport will be instantly delivered to your phone via text and email and is ready to use immediately, There is no app to download. Your pass can be saved to your phone’s home screen for easy one-tap access.
- Step 3 - Redeem
- When visiting a participating park, simply use your phone to check in and earn points toward prizes.
Have a great summer exploring Iowa's beautiful state parks. Happy trails!